Sunday, October 11, 2009

Diary

Teaching and being a teacher at the first view seems very easy and everyone things of it as an easy task to handle with. I, myself was in the same mistake as well. But when I started teaching ,I found out that how it would be hard to manage. I felt disappointed and I thought that I cant be a teacher anymore. I learned that just having the name " teacher " isn't enough; teaching is an art. A teacher should be an artist. I' m very energetic , it is necessary but not sufficient. A teacher should be a manager, a very good and professional manager , in order to guide the class through the right way to the goal . just writing a plan isn't usefull. You know, a teacher should be a psychologist at first. s/he should know her/ his sts , their emotions, .chatacteristics

In order to have a good outcome the teacher should know sts' need( be a need-analysist). s/he should know that each student has his/her own way of problem-solving; that’s because of their .characteristics and intelligences
Last week , in my second session of my methodology course, we worked on schools of thought : .behaviorism, cognitivism and constructivism
Today the definition of " teaching" is different from the traditional model: behaviorism. Behaviorism believes on teacher's authority, sts in this model are passive. Teacher has en strict and certain definition of problem-solving. But constructivism a learner-centered approach and believes on process and self-assessment. A teacher should first of all be familiar with all methods and then choose the best instructions for class
I learned that in a social-constructivist model of teaching process, there are 4 key elements that interact with and affect each other
A teacher should first makes the students involved in the process of learning and provide them with the necessary information students need to solve and then guide them to solve,that is learning how to learn
As widdosen believes, teaching is a principled problem-solving activity. It means solving problems according to principles of learning and of teaching. He believes in the authenticity, but not only authenticity of materials, but also the authenticity of context, of rsponse… . He believes in the authenticity of interpretation, of context, of task and different contexts have different authenticities
I APPRECIATE YOUR TIME

1 comment:

  1. good luck, you will be a perfect teacher in very near future if you reflect on what you study and experience.

    ReplyDelete